It is my hope to help you become the best kinesiologist you can be. Your unique place in the health profession will be expanded in two ways:
- By implementing an evidence-based manual therapy/rehabilitation protocol centering on posture, range of motion, muscle synergy and balance. The key to this method is to recognize the common pathophysiology and apply a well-proven mechanism to test for and act on this condition.
- By measuring aspects of postural sway in standing. You will be the expert in performing this test and the data collected will have various uses.
All you have to do is go through this site, attend a few seminars, and perhaps get involved in preceptorship training sessions.
The following aspects of practice will be taught:
- Information on awareness of misconceptions and myths. You will understand why many chronic sports and musculoskeletal injuries in general don’t heal. In at least 40% of these cases, it is the bone that is involved. You will be able to test and treat for this.
- Information on a breakthrough idea in posturology. Many forward head postures can be corrected by restoring the shape of the upper thoracic and lower cervical vertebral bodies and discs. This is accomplished by shifting the fluid within those structures. Once the head posture is corrected, tonic muscle groups can be lengthened and inhibited muscle groups strengthened and everything will then change for the client. This effect happens both inside and outside of the brain!
- Information on a testable hypothesis that is easily disprovable. This will allow for quantitative research measuring parameters such as pressure, hypoxia (HIF), and blood flow. Testing this discovery will give your practice a legitimate claim to its use in the field.
- Information on an evidence-based manual therapy. See References for more details.
- Information on effective tools for forensics, particularly involving car accidents.
- Introduction to an outcome measure and testing tool that will be uniquely yours. Postural sway in quiet standing is remarkable. Everybody is unique and you will learn to test for this. Characteristics of the sway gives data on but not limited to: injury assessment, rate of recovery, psychological profile regarding substance abuse and even lie detection. This may be the instrument for you.
Here are some relevant links I’ve found:
Associations of vigorous physical activity with all-cause, cardiovascular and cancer mortality among 64 913 adults.
Exercise Training Reverses Cancer-Induced Oxidative Stress and Decrease in Muscle COPS2/TRIP15/ALIEN
Preoperative Hip Extension Strength Is an Independent Predictor of Achieving Clinically Significant Outcomes After Hip Arthroscopy for Femoroacetabular Impingement Syndrome
Astroglial water channel aquaporin 4-mediated glymphatic clearance function: A determined factor for time-sensitive treatment of aerobic exercise in patients with Alzheimer’s disease
Effect of exercise training for five years on all cause mortality in older adults-the Generation 100 study: randomised controlled trial
What Is the Relationship Between the Distal Semimembranosus Tendon and the Medial Meniscus? A Gross and Microscopic Analysis From the SANTI Study Group
Effects of 8 Weeks of Balance Training, Virtual Reality Training, and Combined Exercise on Lower Limb Muscle Strength, Balance, and Functional Mobility Among Older Men: A Randomized Controlled Trial
Physical activity as a proxy to ameliorate inflammation in patients with type 2 diabetes and periodontal disease at high cardiovascular risk
Macrovascular and microvascular responses to prolonged sitting with and without bodyweight exercise interruptions: A randomized cross-over trial
Hindlimb Immobilization Increases IL-1β and Cdkn2a Expression in Skeletal Muscle Fibro-Adipogenic Progenitor Cells: A Link Between Senescence and Muscle Disuse Atrophy
The Role of the Long Head of the Biceps Tendon in Posterior Shoulder Stabilization during Forward Flexion
Thoracolumbar Rotation During Tai Chi Movements-A Biomechanical Analysis of the Entire Peking Style Routine
The Influence of Treadmill Training on the Bioelectrical Activity of the Lower Limb Muscles in Patients with Intermittent Claudication
Elite Junior Australian Football Players With Impaired Wellness Are at Increased Injury Risk at High Loads
Effect of physical exercise on cognitive function after chemotherapy in patients with breast cancer: a randomized controlled trial (PAM study)
The Effect of Self-Myofascial Release on the Pennation Angle of the Vastus Medialis Oblique and the Vastus Lateralis in Athletic Male Individuals: An Ultrasound Investigation
Higher bone remodeling biomarkers are related to a higher muscle function in older adults: Effects of acute exercise
A potent physiological method to magnify and sustain soleus oxidative metabolism improves glucose and lipid regulation
Relationships between Physical Activity Level and Pain in the Spanish Population: A Cross-Sectional Study
Exercise as a non-pharmacological intervention to protect pancreatic beta cells in individuals with type 1 and type 2 diabetes