It is my hope to help you to become the best kinesiologist you can be. Your unique place in the health profession will be expanded in two ways:
- By implementing an evidenced based manual theraphy/rehabilitation protocol centering on posture, range of motion, muscle synergy and balance. The key to this method is to recognize the common pathophysiology and apply a well-proven mechanism to test for and act on this condition.
- By measuring aspects of postural sway in standing. You will be the expert in performing this test and the data collected will have various uses.
All you have to do is go through this site, attend a few seminars, and perhaps get involved in preceptorship training sessions.
The following aspects of practice will be taught:
- Information on awareness of misconceptions and myths. You will understand why many chronic sports and musculoskeletal injuries in general don’t heal. In at least 40% of these cases, it is the bone that is involved. You will be able to test and treat for this.
- Information on a breakthrough idea in posturology. Many forward head postures can be corrected by restoring the shape of the upper thoracic and lower cervical vertebral bodies and discs. This is accomplished by shifting the fluid within those structures. Once the head posture is corrected, tonic muscle groups can be lengthened and inhibited muscle groups strengthened and everything will then change for the client. This effect happens both inside and outside of the brain!
- Information on a testable hypothesis that is easily disprovable. This will allow for quantitative research measuring parameters such as pressure, hypoxia (HIF), and blood flow. Testing this discovery will give your practice a legitimate claim to its use in the field.
- Information on an evidence-based manual therapy. See References for more details.
- Information on effective tools for forensics, particularly involving car accidents.
- Introduction to an outcome measure and testing tool that will be uniquely yours. Postural sway in quiet standing is remarkable. Everybody is unique and you will learn to test for this. Characteristics of the sway gives data on but not limited to: injury assessment, rate of recovery, psychological profile regarding substance abuse and even lie detection. This may be the instrument for you.